Thursday, September 11, 2014

Tangled

One of Sadie's favorite movies is Tangled. Every time she sees the dvd with the picture of Rapunzel & the horse, she gets excited. So it's only fitting that the first princess dress she got was for Rapunzel. She actually got this for her birthday last year but it swallowed her, so I put it up & we got it out recently. Needless to say, she has been wearing her new princess dress a lot. Even while outside playing:
 

I'm surprised she didn't get her dress all "tangled" in the bike wheels! And yes, if you are wondering, that is her father's helmet :)
 
On a side note, I have been debating how we should treat her princess dresses because I am hoping she will get more for her birthday or Christmas this year. One of my friends said that they always keep their dresses hanging & they can only be used when acting like a princess. And they are not allowed to play in them outside or eat in them. My neighbor said she did that with her first child & the dresses didn't get worn as often because there were too many rules associated with them & they were afraid to get them dirty. Now with her 3rd daughter, it is quite opposite. She wears them all the time - inside, outside, eating, sleeping, etc. And she said that she wears it all the time & enjoys it so much more. So what do you think - should our princess dresses be reserved for special occasions or anytime?


1 comment:

  1. We are the latter. Addy eats, plays outside, even goes places in hers. We do keep them hanging up and I either get them down, or now she can reach them on a stool. I didn't like them being all wadded up in a heap but I also don't really keep any rules associated with them. We have almost 10 now!! :) Its so fun when they get into the princess phase!

    ReplyDelete