Wednesday, July 9, 2014

July 4th Clearance Sales

So my sister texted me on July 4th to let me know that she was out shopping & had gotten some great deals. It was kind of ironic because I had just told Bryan that I needed to hit up the summer sales before stuff started getting picked over. It sounds funny to say that because it is only July 8, but as crazy as it sounds, they are already putting everything out for fall. I am sure you can still find good deals later in the season, but certain items get picked over fast. I remember still buying a few cute tank tops or shorts in November marked down crazy low, but last year I had the hardest time finding swimming suits because they sale out fast. And the really cute sundresses or outfits can get picked over. I finally snuck out of the house on Sunday afternoon while the rest of my family was napping & I hit the jackpot! Of course I had to blog about it because I seriously think that sale shopping is one of my favorite hobbies :)
 
First, I found a couple of patriotic outfits that will be perfect for Memorial Day, July 4th & Labor Day:
 
 
I fell in love with the dress - red, white & blue with a touch of leopard?! And the other outfit is from GAP. I think the white denim shorts are normally $25 but I got them for $7. Basic white shorts that she can wear all summer with other stuff. And GAP has the best denim for kids.
 
I also found a cute sundress at Hanna Anderson:
 
 
I had never shopped there before but I was pleasantly surprised. Some of their stuff is a little pricey, but they had an awesome sale. I really loved their bathing suits but they were picked over, but I will totally check them out again next spring. The only weird thing is their sizing - I had to buy Sadie a size 90?!
 
I also lucked out & found a few bathing suits & a cover up:
 
 
Yes, that's a patriotic bathing suit, also from the GAP. I think I have bought one there every year :) We are actually building a pool in our back yard (more on that later.....) so I am trying to stock up on suits!
 
And finally I picked up a few random tank tops, shirts & shorts that I got at different stores & I don't think I paid more than $5 on any of them:
 
 
In case you are wondering where I else I shopped besides The Gap & Hanna Anderson, I found stuff at Macy's, Dillards, Gymboree & The Children's Place. I do not discriminate & will shop at any store :) Overall, I spent $129.52, which sounds like a lot, but if you add up the total, it would have been $290.69, which is a savings of $161.15 or 55%. I know, I am the geek who gets excited about this stuff! It sounds like a lot, but remember, I always shop out of season, so everything I bought is for next year. I am sure I will continue to pick up a few things while summer winds down & then I won't have to buy anything when the warm weather blows in next year. Both of my girls have December birthdays, so I can never get any of this as gifts. And in case you are wondering if I bought anything for Sophie, no, I didn't. I feel guilty not buying her anything, but she has so many clothes from Sadie & Zoe, that her closet is over flowing. And one final thought - in case you are wondering, I never buy shoes. I have been lucky & Sadie has been true to size so I have never had a problem buying out of season. If anything, she is a little shorter & smaller, so they actually last a little longer. But shoes are a pure gamble so I have never wasted my money.
 
Oh-yeah, when I was cleaning out Sadie's closet trying to put all of this away, I found these 3 dresses:
 
 
My Mom bought these after the spring sales & they will be perfect for next year also! Man, I get so excited about shopping for my girls. Now I just have to wait another year to see them wearing their new stuff!


No comments:

Post a Comment