Usually, I say how fast I feel like time flies by but for some reason, I feel like August slowed down. Maybe because it has been hitting 100+ every single day? And I am not exaggerating, we are having a hot, late summer with temps above 100 for weeks. And why is Labor Day late this year? I think mentally it will feel better if we can say we are past Labor Day and ready for fall? Either way, we are full steam ahead since school & activities are in motion. Sophie went to a fun birthday party at the lake with an obstacle course:
We've had a few sleepovers & the girls love baking homemade gf donuts when we have friends over:
Bryan & I volunteer with the children's ministry at our church quite a bit and a friend sent me this picture of Bryan while he was teaching children's church. So fun seeing him in action:
Cross Country has started having weekly dinners before their meet & Sadie said it was fun eating pasta & playing soccer:
Last week their meet was in Wylie, so they had to be at the school at 5:00 am and thankfully she got a little nap on the bus ride because she did awesome:
This week they bumped up from 2 miles to a 5k, which is 3.1 miles I think the extra distance helped her pull ahead of the competition because it was her best race yet. She got 39 out of 229 girls! And she is running varsity so there are a lot of upperclassmen she is competing against, but these 3 freshmen are doing awesome:
They even had a special visitor stop by to cheer them on - their principal came to watch them run:
They ran on Friday and then she had soccer games Saturday & Sunday. She guest played on Saturday, but her team had a league game on Sunday. They actually started their league last weekend and kicked off the season with a 9-0 win:
They won yesterday 3-0:
I think this might be the most excited we have been about a soccer team before - it's going to be a fun year with this group of ladies:


















No comments:
Post a Comment