Thursday, March 26, 2020

Aulani, Day 6

Technically we were at Aulani for 8 days, but I didn't really take pictures the day we got there or the day we left, so this post is about our last full day at the resort. We had a busy couple of days so we had promised the girls we would do what ever they wanted for our last day & they wanted to spend the day outside in the water with their friends:


We spent the morning at the beach & they had a blast boogie boarding together. Then they wanted to paddleboard so each family got one & we all took turns:



Sophie isn't old enough to go by herself so she took turns going with us. It cracked us up because she legit thought she was surfing - ha ha!


Sadie & Izzie spent the entire hour on the board together taking turns who was standing vs. sitting:




Around lunchtime, we left the sand & headed back to the pool where we spent the rest of our afternoon. They had a surprise pool party that afternoon which the kids loved:




They played water games & danced - if you look close enough you can probably find the girls in there somewhere. After the party, the little girls wanted to see Mickey:


We all hit up the slides & the lazy river one last time, parents included:



One of Sophie's favorite spots was the splash pad. She always prefers the less timid slides:



We all enjoyed one last rounds of snacks. Sophie got a Mickey ice cream bar, Sadie got a Dole Whip & I got a Mickey shaved ice! I caught Emma & Sophie laying around sucking their thumbs?


Izzie & Sadie were excited to run into Donald Duck because we hadn't seen him all week!


Our final activity of the week was at Rainbow Reef where Sadie, Izzie & Beth went snorkeling. We watched them get in the water & then we ran around to the aquarium so we could see them inside the water:





It was the perfect way to end our trip! That night we went back to dinner at Monkeypod, which was one of our favorite family restaurants of the week.

I said I really didn't take pictures on our final day, but I guess I kind of did. Every morning the first thing we did was go get our wristbands. It's kind of a big deal because you have to have a wristband on to do anything at the resort & every day they are a different color. As soon as we got there on day 1 we saw everyone wearing their wristbands & the girls knew right away that we were going to collect ours & wear ours all week too:


We even wore them for a few days when we got home :)

Speaking of home, we took the red eye. We basically left Oahu at 6:00 Monday night & landed at 6:00 Tuesday morning. The girls were having so much fun watching movies, eating snacks & playing games, that they had a hard time falling asleep. Sophie gave in first & finally slept about 3-4 hours:



Sadie surprisingly stayed up almost the entire flight - I mean literally she slept about 45 minutes:


Those were the pictures I was trying to take while they both slept on either side of me. I realized later that Bryan got a picture of us on his phone:


I can't say I was the best example because I watched 3 movies & finished my book so I didn't sleep either. The next morning, they crashed as soon as we got home & slept from 7:30 - 4:30! Let's just say it took a few days to get back on schedule!

If anyone is still reading, I apologize for so many posts & so many pictures! We waited to take the girls to Hawaii since it is such a long flight & since we finally made it, we made the most if it! And it was my 40th birthday so it was a combination of family vacation & a birthday present for myself :) We absolutely loved Aulani & I am so glad we did it at this age. They were still young enough for it to be magical, but old enough for us to not have to worry about them around the water. In fact, they ran around without us because there were life guards everywhere & they are pretty good swimmers. I don't imagine we'll go back to Aulani, but there are some other resorts in Ko Olina I wouldn't mind trying. Until then, Aloha!

No comments:

Post a Comment