Monday, January 20, 2020

Girl Scout Cookies 2020

For the past 2 years, I have been the troop cookie manager for Sadie's girl scout troop but since she is not doing girl scouts anymore, I stepped up to do it again for Sophie's new troop. It only made sense since I had already done it before so I knew what to expect. 

We had our troop cookie meeting last Monday to educate the girls on all things cookie:


We held the meeting at our house, I taught them all about cookies, we roll played selling to each other & then we got to try some cookies for a snack! The girls were so excited & I had fun watching them in action:


Then the big day was Friday! Unfortunately, it was raining & cold so my cookie pick up was delayed over an hour. By the time I got there for my designated time slot, there were already 6 lanes with probably 10 cars in each:


See?! I wasn't exaggerating! We were all waiting to pick up our cookies & rumor has it that this location had over $2 million cookies in those tents up there waiting for us:


Thank goodness I am helping kindergarteners who aren't overly ambitious yet because luckily I can still fit that many boxes in Bryan's SUV:



And thank goodness I had a few moms meet me at our house to unload the car, sort the boxes, unpack the boxes & then fill their orders. That night it was still cold & raining but Sophie put on her vest & called a few of our family members to start selling:


She definitely knew what she was doing since she has been watching her sister for the past 2 years! Sadie has been an awesome helper also. The next day was beautiful so we hit the pavement & went door to door:


Can you tell how she excited she is?! Her original sales goal was 100 but I think she has already sold a few extra & we are only 4 days in! I am so proud of her & can't wait to watch her as she continues to sale. If anyone is reading & is hungry for a girl scout cookie, let me know & I will have her give you a call!

No comments:

Post a Comment