Monday, November 5, 2018

Gary Burns Fun Run 2018

Every October we kick off running season with our first race: The Gary Burns Fun Run. It is hosted by the Frisco Education Foundation & money raised goes towards student scholarships. We have always done it year after year, even when the girls were little & we were pushing them in a stroller. Last year Sadie ran the 1 mile fun run for the first time so this year I registered Sophie. It was the first time I have officially registered all 4 of us:


I thought Sadie would want to run by herself but when we got there, she wanted me to run with her. She did awesome. Started out strong, kept a good pace & finished even stronger:


Her bib didn't have a chip but I think that she ran her mile in 8 1/2 minutes:


Sophie wanted to run with her dad all along, but I wouldn't necessarily say that she ran - more like she power walked:


She might have picked up the pace at the very end when she saw the finish line :) Either way, I am so proud of these 2 girls for getting out there & finishing the course with a great attitude:


After their race, we dropped them off with Anne:


She let them hang out with her while she volunteered & we raced:


It was literally the perfect morning to run & we both did good also. It was just a 5K, but you know those are my favorite. And Bryan likes to run longer but this was his first race back since he broke his foot this summer. 

Once we finally found the girls, we had fun checking out all the vendor booths & letting them get their faces painted:




Such a fun morning! Already makes me excited for our next race, which is the Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment