Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Sophie's Dance Recital 2018

Sophie has been in dance since last September & finally, after months of preparation, she had her first recital! Last Thursday, they had dress rehearsal so Jamie & I had to skip VBS so we could take them. It was a full dress rehearsal with hair & make up so it was definitely a good practice run:


They were supposed to have their hair in low ponytails with curls. Of course this morning I used 2 different curling irons/wands & could not get the curls to stay but we did pretty good with the make up. She brought her baby with her & of course she had to go inside the theater also to watch her dance:



We were not allowed to take pictures or videos the day of the performance so we got great videos at their rehearsal since the theater was empty & we sat up front. Fast forward to Saturday morning & it was time for the real thing. My parents drove up late Friday night & Sadie had a swim meet in Allen that morning, so the guys took her while my mom & I stayed home pampering Sophie. This time we put sponge curlers in her hair to sleep in & luckily they did the trick! My mom painted her nails & we of course we did make up and she looked beautiful! She was so excited, she wasn't even nervous when we dropped her off backstage:



She had to be there 1 hour before show time so we waited in the lobby until everyone else got there. Sadie & the boys made it in plenty of time, then Bryan's parents came also. We saw several families we knew - some that I knew danced there & some that I had no idea, so that was exciting for Sadie to get to watch friends. I got a picture of the big siblings waiting for their little sisters:


and I had to get a picture of Jamie & I since we are officially dance moms:


She had done this before with Tatum but this was all new for me! 

The show was a lot of fun & we had fun trying to find all of our friends during each dance number. Of course I have no pictures to show for it since we couldn't use cameras in the theater, but we took a lot afterwards:




Bryan & Sadie had flowers for her so she was so surprised!






Sophie, Hayden & Landry did amazing - they lit up the stage, were not shy at all & danced their littler hearts out! I have a feeling they will be dancing again next year!



We are so proud of you Sophie & can't wait to see you dance again!

No comments:

Post a Comment