Friday, May 18, 2018

Life Lately

We'll start this post with Sophie. On Monday morning she had swimming lessons & was pretty fussy all morning which explains why I found her like this that afternoon:


She was so tired she just fell asleep. Like that. 

One afternoon, Sadie was at a play date at her friend's house after school & Sophie was pretty upset that she didn't get to go so I treated her to a frozen treat at DQ:


Another morning we went to the gym & when I dropped her off it was story time:


I've said it before & I'll say it again - Sadie never liked going to the gym but Sophie absolutely loves it!

Finally, she had a mini dress rehearsal & pictures at dance this week. This still isn't the complete outfit, but it is a good sneak peak:


That is one cute cowgirl!

Earlier in the week I thought I was being a fun mom by inviting friends to meet us at the park & we brought popsicles. Apparently I didn't realize summer hit this week because it was miserable :( Lucky for us, the splash pad was working so we let the girls run around & play in the water:



Who needs bathing suits when it is that hot out there?! And it wasn't even crowded since they usually don't open this early in the season. We had so much fun with Emmy & Harlow!


So Bryan sent me this picture & I love it:


I have no idea who took it, but it was on one of her school's social media pages. 

This morning was their last morning assembly for the year & it was extra special for Sadie & her friends because her girl scout troop was recognized for being a super star award:


Their Assistant Principal was introducing them & she asked them a question & no one would answer so Sadie raised her hand & answered it. I was so proud seeing her speak in to the microphone so clearly without any nerves:


And that's life lately. I don't usually stay up so late working on the computer on Friday nights, but a certain 4 year old has tickets going on sale for her dance recital at midnight & this proud mom is staying up late hoping to get good seats. Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment