Friday, November 24, 2017

Turkey Trot 2017

For the 5th year in a row, we woke up early on Thanksgiving morning to attend the North Texas Turkey Trot in Frisco:


Well, technically 1 of those years we ran the Turkey Trot in Cedar Park with my sister's family, but the rest of the years we have been here. It never fails that it may be a beautiful & warm Thanksgiving day, but it is always cold that morning. This year it was about 35 degrees when we left the house & these little turkey trotters were bundled up:


We usually have someone that runs with us, but this year it was just the 4 of us:


I had signed the girls up for the miracle mile, the 5k for me & the 10k for Bryan, however we didn't have anyone to stay with the girls while we ran, so we had one of our babysitters come help us out:


Monica was the very first babysitter we ever used when Sadie was born & she has been our go-to babysitter for the past 5 1/2 years until she graduated & went to college in August. Thankfully she was home for Thanksgiving & the girls were excited to see her! They walked the miracle mile together & then had snacks & played while they waited for us at the finish line. We saw several friends at the race:




and we had a great time. I had a personal best & I think Bryan was a little off on his time but honestly, he did really well also:


This was the first year I signed all 4 of us up. Sadie has ran a couple of races so I knew she would want to have a bib & her own race shirt, but this was Sophie's first official race. She's not really into running like we are, in fact, I don't even know if she ran, but she was so excited to finally have her own bib & race shirt just like the rest of us:


It was a great morning & the perfect way to start our Thanksgiving day together:


And then I don't feel as guilty about the amount of food I consume later in the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment