Monday, August 17, 2026

Wakeland Wolverine XC

Sadie played all of the sports in middle school, but it's harder to do that in high school so she has decided to specialize & concentrate on soccer. No surprises there - I think that's what we have been working towards. However, school soccer is more of a winter sport, so she has decided to run cross country just to condition for soccer. There are several soccer players who do this. They run all summer at 6:45 every morning so Sadie spent most of the summer training with them, when she was in town:


The last Saturday before school started, they had a breakfast bash at Little Elm beach. They ran, had breakfast & then played some sand volleyball:




Those are a few of the freshman girls & here are all of the girls from all grades:


It's been great so far & she enjoys the camaraderie of meeting other students before school started:


When school started, they bumped the practice time up to 6:30 & they finally had their first meet last Friday. She was excited to miss school already but not excited about being dropped off at the school at 5:45 in the morning. Ha! 

They have 3 teams for boys & girls - Varsity Elite, Varsity Open & JV and we were surprised when we found out Sadie made Varsity Open! Huge accomplishment for putting in the work this summer. Here are the girls in her group ready to race:


And here is a group picture of most of the XC girls:


They had 6 different start times and hers was in the middle. There were 140 racers in just her group & over 40 schools at the meet. I was not expecting it to be so large!


It was hot & I think she was nervous for her first race, especially since she was running with older girls, but she did great! Bryan & I had fun trying to follow her on the course, but she was hard to keep up with at the end because she sprinted towards the finish line:



There were a few freshman who ran with her on Varsity & I was so proud of them all:



It was a fun morning & I am excited for the upcoming meets & to see how her time improves along the way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment