Thursday, June 29, 2023

Paris, Part 2 - Eiffel Tower Dinner Cruise

Tuesday night was my mom's 65th birthday so we celebrated in style! We booked a dinner cruise down the Seine river that departed & returned just steps away from the Eiffel Tower. We boarded at 8:00 when it was still daylight & cruised until 11:00, when it was finally dark. I honestly had no idea how the cruise would be, but I had done a lot of research & splurged since it was her birthday. We went with this boat:


and I honestly don't know if we could have chosen a better one because we had such a great time! We had a table towards the front of the boat with fabulous view of both sides of the river. They also served a 4 course dinner with drinks & it was probably one of our nicest meals of the week:





We even had live entertainment:


She sang all night & literally made the cruise that much better. Her voice was beautiful & I loved the song selection. Fun fact, the entire time we were in France, my sister & I couldn't help notice that they always played American music. Literally everywhere! No one spoke English, but they always had American music playing. Even on the radio!

We saw all of the famous landmarks from the river & we couldn't help but notice Parisiens everywhere sitting by the bank of the river picnicking:




We couldn't have chosen a better night - it was perfectly sunny with a clear sky so we got to see everything until it turned into an even prettier sunset:




After we went down for half the trip, the boat turned around & we went back towards the spot of the night:






I mean we were like school kids so excited to see the Eiffer Tower lit up! They even sang NY NY, when we saw the Statue of Liberty next to the Eiffel Tower. Absolutely beautiful! 


I think we were so disappointed when it was time to get off the boat because we were having so much fun! We kept the night going by walking closer to the Eiffel Tower & having a mini photo shoot. Ha!







I'll keep this post short & sweet because it was literally my favorite part of our trip. Definitely a memorable way to celebrate my Mom's birthday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment