Thursday, July 28, 2022

Costa Rica - Arenas Del Mar, Surfing

The one excursion we planned while at the beach was surf lessons:



We hired a few retired surf pros to teach us & they met us down on the public beach right by our resort. When we first walked down there, the tide hadn't came in enough so we walked the beach for a while & explored the area before we hit the surf:



Did I say we walked the beach because actually Sophie tumbled down the beach! 

Finally the waves were coming in closer & we met up with our friends to have our surf lesson:




I say we but actually I mean the dads & the kids! I have actually surfed twice in my life & would have loved to do it again but I really wanted to take pictures & videos of the girls since it was their first time:





Sophie was a natural! As much as she hates trying new things, she popped up right away & had great balance! Sadie took longer to get up but she is a perfectionist & I think she was in her head trying too hard at the beginning. Eventually it clicked & she was riding the farthest & the longest:






I got awesome videos of all of them, but I didn't get many pictures of Bryan because I was concentrating on the girls:



We were out there for several hours so they would surf for a while, then come in & take a break. They surprised us with fresh fruit & then one of our teachers asked if we wanted a coconut & before we knew it, he had literally climbed the tree, grabbed a coconut, cracked it, shucked it then got cut a hole in the top for us to drink. It was awesome!







We even played a few rounds of beach volleyball:


We had a great time - our instructors were great, the weather was perfect & I was so proud of Bryan & the girls for trying something new:




No comments:

Post a Comment