Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Nanny's 80th Birthday

Bryan's grandmother celebrated a very special occasion over the Thanksgiving holiday - her 80th birthday! She is such a sweet lady & is definitely the family matriarch. She was celebrated this past Saturday when her family threw a birthday party for her. Not only did we enjoy visiting with everyone & eating some good food, but I really enjoyed getting to look at her high school yearbook & seeing pictures of her & Grandad from back in the day :)
 

She has 5 children & all of them were there with their families.
 
 
Don't know why Linda isn't in this picture? She was standing up there with them but somehow I cut her off. Actually, none of my pictures turned out that great. I think my camera settings accidentally got messed up :( But here are some more shots of everyone enjoying the afternoon:
 


 
The cake not only looked beautiful but it also tasted delicious!
 
 
While we were at the party, my niece Kaitlyn lost 2 teeth!
 
 
And Sadie had fun playing with the balloons & stealing grapes off of the table:
 

 
What can I say - the girl loves fruit!
 
She also had fun chasing all of her cousins around. I found them at one point in the church auditorium & Bryan's brother, Tim, was preaching to the choir!
 
 
Soon after they were gone,  Sadie thought she would go up to the podium & give it a try:
 
 
It was such a great afternoon celebrating Nanny's life & I am so thankful that I married into such a wonderful family. Bryan has much to be proud of!



No comments:

Post a Comment