Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Advanced Waterbaby

For those who follow my blog, you probably know that Sadie loves the water & we have had her in & out of swimming lessons since she was about 6 months old. We stopped classes at the end of May because I didn't want to continue paying while it was so hot outside & I could work with her myself. And I did - at least once a week almost all summer until the end of September. Once October came, I re-enrolled her because it was too cool to take her outside anymore. My goal was to work really hard with her & I was hoping she would get promoted before the her little sister arrives. Usually infants start in the Waterbabies class & they are in the water with the instructor & a parent. Therefore, I have been in the water with her since she started. The next level is Advanced Waterbabies & this is when the infant/toddler is ready to go into the water alone - without the help of the parent. From what I learned, most babies don't promote until they reach certain milestones & are usually older than 2. Since Sadie turns 2 right around the time the baby should be here & I was hoping she would get promoted early so she can continue lessons while her little sister & I sit in the lobby & watch :)
 
I guess my high expectations were met because Sadie was officially promoted 2 weeks ago - right around November 1! She only went to a few Waterbaby classes & then the instructor said she was ready to move on. I was obviously excited but nervous at the same time. I took her to her first class last week & I came with my swim suit on prepared to get in the water if I had to, but this little fish didn't need my help! She exceeded every one of my expectations & I couldn't have been more proud of her!
 


 
It's basically the same class as her old one, but they get one on one instruction with the teacher instead of doing everything with their parent. I was mostly nervous about her attention span. I didn't know if she could sit there patiently while the other students took their turns, but that's where she surprised me the most. As soon as we got there, the teacher asked her to pick a turtle & sit down on it & she stayed on the turtle the whole class unless she was called upon.
 

 
As you can see, there are 2 other kids in her class. Both of them are 3 but they have been good examples for her. She's definitely not at their level yet, but she'll get there soon enough!
 


 
I came home last week bragging about how good she did, so her Dad came to class with us this week & she didn't disappoint. In fact, I think he was pleasantly surprised & realized I wasn't exaggerating!
 


 
As much as she loves the water, she had also realized that it's fun leaving as well. She has discovered the blow dryers & she likes to help herself dry off after some time in the pool :)
 

 
I am so proud of my little water baby & I hope her little sister enjoys the water as much as the rest of her family! I can't wait to take them both swimming next summer :)


1 comment:

  1. That is incredible! She is amazing! :) The picture of her with the blow dryer is absolutely precious!

    ReplyDelete