Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Aruba By Night 2019

Our first night there, they had a beach bash so we joined the party & had dinner on the beach:



The meal was ok but they had these mini desserts that were awesome! I had a whole plate full:


They had a live band that was even better so we ended up dancing the night away. Even Ben had fun dancing with us:


There's nothing like kicking your shoes off & dancing in the sand!

The next night the Bains did their own thing with their kids while we had a double date with Justin & Krystal at:




We wanted a local seafood restaurant & this one did not disappoint. We kept teasing the boys all night because they were drinking fruity drinks together:


and then I caught them swinging together:


They went fishing the next morning & we had no idea they were fishing with the fishermen from the Driftwood restaurant. So we went back to Driftwood for dinner the next night with all 8 of us for a fish dinner:



They prepared all 3 fish 4 different ways. I do not eat fish so I had shrimp but the rest of them did & they said it was great!

Afterwards no one wanted dessert so we headed out to shop & I couldn't help but grab an ice cream cone while we were walking around:


And then we found the Aruba sign. They have these all over the island so of course we had to take a picture:


The next night we got invited up to a cocktail party on the top floor & I was so excited to get a good picture of the 2 of us at sunset. Unfortunately, it was even windier up high so no luck with the picture but I think this pretty much sums how I felt most of the trip:


Beautiful sunset but look at that hair! Ha! I finally made us take one with me holding my hair back:


This night the Bains left their kids behind while we had an adult dinner, just the 6 of us at:


We went here last time & loved it so we thought we would treat our friends & it did not disappoint. We had an awesome meal with even better company:


Our final night there, we went on a date night just the 2 of us. We ate at an Italian restaurant that was good but afterwards we shopped for souvenirs for the girls & then we stumbled upon this place:


It was this awesome little gelato shop that was happening. I mean it was good & I was so disappointed I discovered it on our last night:



And then we met Adriana & David at Bugaloe's (our favorite little beach shack on the pier) for our last night together. They had live music, dancing, limbo - it was the perfect way to end our trip:






It was a great trip. Our 2nd trip to Aruba but it was fun to experience it with & without kids. Not my favorite island, but still worth visiting. Made even more fun by going with friends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment