Thursday, October 18, 2018

Life Lately

Boy do I have a random photo dump today. Let's start with Sophie. The first school day of the month they wear their colors of the month & this month's colors are orange & black, how fitting for Halloween, right?


Her teacher sent me a picture from school one day:


And this pretty much sums up our life lately:


Rain, rain, go away. Seriously, we have had more rain than you can imagine. We had definitely used our rain boots & umbrellas!

On the few days where we haven't had rain, Sophie & I have ridden our bikes or walked to school to pick Sadie up, which was a treat to spend time outside:


On another nice afternoon, the girls made sidewalk chalk dust turn into paint:


It may have been messy but they sure had fun!

We have also gone to lunch with Sadie the past couple of Fridays. Sophie has enjoyed eating in the cafeteria with Sadie & this past Friday they sat with KJ & Kenzie while Lena & I volunteered:



Speaking of dinner, we went to dinner with our friend Kate one night while Bryan was out of town. The girls had fun playing cards while we waited for our food:


Sadie loves school & every now & then I get a picture from her teacher:



We haven't played many soccer games because the majority of this season has been rained out, but they did get one game in last week & Sadie & Kenzie had fun playing their friend from school, Avery:



My parents actually drove up last weekend to watch the girls play soccer, but of course it rained the entire weekend & we had 2 soccer practices & 4 games cancelled. I'm not sure if we will ever get to finish this season! So while they were here, we stayed inside playing, visiting & watching college football. And eating. Bryan threw burgers & hot dogs on the grill while the girls & I made dessert. Zombie Brains!



My mom bought them this baking kit & they were dying to make it! It is actually a funnel cake & it turned out pretty good! You can't really tell from the pictures, but the batter was green & the funnel cake was green inside:


On Sunday the sun came out briefly after church before the next cold front & rain blew in, so we enjoyed walking around outside after lunch. We went to this store with my mom & it was all decorated for Christmas. Normally I wouldn't have taken pictures but the girls were so excited & they were cracking me up - "Mom, take a picture of me! Mom, look at this reindeer!". What's even funnier is this new look on Sadie's face. She must have learned that at school!







Silly pictures, I know, but they specifically asked me to take them & post them! But since Christmas is still 2 months away, I will end this post with a fall picture:


My sweet husband surprised me with the most beautiful fall arrangement with candy corns in the vase. It is beautiful & we have loved looking at it every day. Thank you Bryan! What a sweet surprise. 

No comments:

Post a Comment